Tuesday, April 1, 2014

5219. FILL ALL MY FIELDS WITH FALLING WATER

FILL ALL MY FIELDS 
WITH FALLING WATER
I will take my leave of nothing here. I will exit by the
front door, same as I came in. I will not look back 
and, upon exiting, perhaps not return. For these 
fields are now too Springtime happy for me. 
Fill all my fields with falling water. 
-
I am as certain of the end as I ever was of the
beginning, and  -  of course  -  I know more now.
There can be no more uncertainty than that of the
cloud, changing shape, as it passes, and changing
shape again just as we cling to it. Gone. In the same
manner, I look skyward to see for something, 
anything, what it is may matter.  Fill all my
fields with falling water. Yes, what it 
is may matter.
-
 Dropping energy in a carpool of foolishness,
leaving footprints where the sands wash away
and the fierce winds prowl  -  everything so
soon dispersed in a while. Fill all my 
fields with falling water. I will take
my leave of nothing here.

No comments: