Friday, April 18, 2014

5264. NOT NECESSARY TO DEMONSTRATE FACTS

NOT NECESSARY TO 
DEMONSTRATE FACTS
I can write the starry sky or the depths of the sodden sea.
I do not, in either place, need to ever really be. It is not
 necessary to demonstrate facts with being : it is enough
 for the author to have written something for it to be true. 
Right here, not far from the fire in the palm of my hand,
 I am looking at marbles and glass; things singing, the
 whirlings of light. Globes and reflections  -  encircling light  -  
are shining off of Windows and mirrors and the hard
 glass on doors. All of this, as one, gives me life, makes me 
dance and  sing, gives me the hand to write magical stories : 
the grand General who came back from the dead, 
bringing new ice cream flavors to all who had ever criticized him. 
Alas, that means everyone  :  in his new subservience the General
was handing out Blood Berry Cream, Massacre Mint,
and Starvation Sundae. His 'best three flavors', as he
put it. It is not necessary to demonstrate facts.
So many things just speak for themselves.

No comments: