Monday, April 21, 2014

5272. AS ALL POISE PROMISED

AS ALL POISE PROMISED
The purchase was not of the meteorologist.
Anyway, no one can buy that. It was of the
cairn and the citadel, the Cincture of Owaith.
With all its poise and promise, yes.
-
Emil Hazenhall  -  an old man  -  wore a
suit and tie every day, without any meaning.
-
I have lost so many things : my bazooka is
gone, my long, green eggs, my arrowed hands
and palms, and the barn. And with it the country
house built on a long slab of rock. Stop me
now; I realize I can no longer talk. 
-
All the others do is talk of miles, and their
cellphone service, smart phones and money  -
my God  -  even the shape of Tennessee and the
miles it takes  to get to Memphis :  you can get
to Nashville okay, but Memphis is another trip
west entirely. Tennessee is a long, thin state, 
running east to west (from their esteemed vantage).
-
I wear an abstract suit now, with buttons that float
in place and not always securing anything at all.
I do not need opinions  -  tawdry, unknowledgeable
things. I am centered and  -  for me  -  all things
have lost all meaning. I have none.
-
All as poise promised, as all poise promised.
Emil Hazenhall  -  an old man  -  wore 
a suit and tie everyday.

No comments: