Thursday, April 10, 2014

5238. NOW THEY ARE ALL CRAZY SO

NOW THEY ARE 
ALL CRAZY SO
Walking in a line, a distant frieze of open
place and unlocked sheds. There are cows
and donkeys, goats and chickens, it seems, 
everywhere; and this yard is cluttered with 
dung and cast-off objects of use and desire.
I am lost, amidst smithereens of inattention, in
things gone awry : motivations, intentions?
My soiled boots alone are the best judges 
of that  -  after all, they walk through things 
I can otherwise avoid. The skeletons of old
wrapping are inside the barn, thrown down,
with the hay of cows and the threading of
milk-pump tubes through the ceiling rafters.
If half of what I imagine is a quarter of my
life, indeed, I am sunk already, and lost.
If all I see, however, is half of all that is,
my life is rich again, and fraught with
expectation, promise and joy.

No comments: