Monday, April 14, 2014

5250. LONG TIME BACK

LONG TIME BACK
Long time back I worried about nothing, now I worry 
about the wind and the rain and every other God-awful 
thing to pass my way. I think it was easier just to ignore 
all that  -  and anyway now that's just what they want : 
people in harried form, worried about their kids, their 
kids' educations, from where the money will come, and 
then where it will go. The zoning and the housing, the 
picture and the frame. No one's got their head on straight.
-
Although I may have taken my time, and walked through
things with a deliberate air, I was always nervous and scared
of what was there : a cyclone in the eye of a storm, a scorching
heat in the middle of the road. I may have said I ignored it, 
as I just now did say, but, at heart, it all been the same. 
I'm wary and angry and scorched and irate. 
No one listens, nor gets annoyed.
-
I don't want for anything, nor wish for any one thing.
I cannot find a cure for this new scene around me;
don't get it, don't want it, no way. Just this morning,
in an inner dark outside, the rollicking round moon
went sliding through the sky. It was all so silent,
I couldn't hear a thing. Best thing that happened,
some bird began to sing. (Now wasn't that a
dainty dish to put before the King)?

No comments: