Saturday, April 12, 2014

5244. I HAD IT ONCE ON

I HAD IT ONCE ON
Mountaintop precipice when I was twelve. The 
clouds were below me; I was higher than the sky.
I like to call it my midway moment   -  circus-clown,
juggler, bearded lady, tattooed man. Then another
guy, some little Italian, kept walking in circles
with his organ-grinder monkey.
-
I walked the streets yesterday. I was dragging a
load of laundry, a basket of wealth, and a bagful
of desires. Five girls went by, laughing. A few
business guys, too entrenched in their conversations
to notice. Now, I am broken and tired. Wasted anew.
-
In the particular reality I live, there is absolutely no
difference amongst these things, these two sides of
my coin. Where is that bus anyway. I want to  
be gone, and I had it once on.

No comments: