Tuesday, April 29, 2014

5304. I TAKE NOTHING BACK

I TAKE NOTHING BACK
I take nothing back and wherever I am with my dog is good
enough for me to be :  the old wooden doorway at Chumley's,
me talking with an ancient Anne Adams. And then she died.
The whole place later collapsed, and it's been closed now for
years. Ooh la la, and all the rest. I could best the best there.
-
I take nothing back, and wherever I am with my dog is
good enough for me : something like the Bowl-Mor, at midnite,
as they put it. All those crazy NYU drunks and their stupid
naked bowling. used to be, right there, a place called Amy's.
Always good food, even without meat or sugar. Sweet enough.
-
I take nothing back. And wherever I am with my dog is good
enough for me : Bobbie Beddia and me; he's dead now, poor
fellow friend. NY Fireman, survived WTC only to die some
bad time later in the Deutsche Bank fire. I was broken up
over that  -  all bad omens, everything sour.
-
I take nothing back. The rest is, well history?

No comments: