Sunday, April 6, 2014

5229. ONE MILLION THINGS, LET'S GO

ONE MILLION THINGS, 
LET'S GO
Fabled wines and butter-pats of gold.
Convert to my new faith, crowd. I offer
you what no one has offered before :
I offer inconstancy, excess, power
and wine. Nothing is forbidden in my
faith  -  there is all loving and drinking.
-
Outside, here, in the ketchum'd harbor,
blue boats are dressed like gulls, the little
feet of kittens and gulls sweep endlessly
by; a morning's dew fog, low, white, and
touching on all things. Everything, a gauze.
-
So come along then, hold my hand. If fears,
and if you must, trepidation coach you on,
that too is OK. I won't mis-lead, I won't
take you to another direction, some place
you'd rather not go. Oldsters are walking
too, holding petals, donuts, and cameras.
-
Oh moonlit sea?
Oh Hershey bars?

No comments: