Friday, March 29, 2013

4232. ALBUQUERQUE

ALBUQUERQUE
At the synod the wild eagle flew like a man
would if a man would fly as a wild eagle. That
was all I knew. The shaman-master was speaking
in a tongue as wild as that too : like words from a
cistern wise and afire. All around the camp, others
nodded, listening intently to what I did not hear.
Apparently struck deaf and dumb for those hours,
I again was a stranger on planet Earth. The
signet ring was being cooked in fire, annealed
and procured and brought back to the wizard,
or wise one, or whatever that figure was called.
'It goes like this often,' my spirit guide said. And
then he spoke these words, 'Almays emno toti
ru' - had I asked, he later explained, what
he was saying, I would have, right then,
been struck dead on the spot.
And again the eagle flew.

No comments: