Thursday, March 28, 2013

4224. MY JERUSALEM ARTICHOKE (let alone the paschal lamb)

MY JERUSALEM ARTICHOKE
(let alone the paschal lamb)
Consolidate and organize all these things
together : needless to say. I live in New York
City now, and I wish good for the weather. My
Waterworks condo is not yet complete, and this
brownstone can most easily continue to do. I
am looking high and low for more money, for
anything to tide me over  -  for I've sold already
every one of my stories and memories. I 
went for broke and now soon I am.
-
That turtle-faced woman nearby, incredibly she
is talking about how much she likes lamb. 'An
acquired taste,' the sickly German guy says, 'an
acquired taste for sure.' The other couple says,
'my God, how could you! It's not the meat, it's
the little lambs I care for.' All that biblical
fetish is such that I do not really understand;
for truly I eat nothing at all.
(Let alone the paschal lamb).

No comments: