Thursday, March 14, 2013

4187. AT THE TOWER


AT THE TOWER
At the tower up there I thought
I heard you say 'if the captives are
coming, I bet it's the end.' Probably
that was all wrong anyway, but that's
what I took from you. I need to alleviate
this stillness that haunts me  -  all
these tainted things, my soul, your
open heart and mind, the edgings of
all my muscles and the traffic of my
blood. We walk together like kin, but
the hardships always linger. Distance
and time make a filigree of my sordid
crossword mind. I want to be where the
action is, yet I can't even find a doorway.
At the tower I thought I swore I heard you
say 'I love you, let's run.' Yes, now already
you deny this, and everything else too, and
my sickening trajectory flies downward like
stocks and bonds on a massively bad day.

No comments: