Friday, March 22, 2013

4208. SO RIGHT NOW AND FOR TODAY

SO RIGHT NOW 
AND FOR TODAY
(staccato venom 25)
So right now and for today at once this moment
I'll take your fist and wrench it from your hand,
I'll cover your blankets with plagues and sores.
Do not sit still for a minute, I warn you. I've
come back from Jericho Road filled with ideas
and a hundred new things to do. Rory Calhoun
and Bat Masterson, Black Bart and Reginald
Denny, I've picked them all up along the way.
We play cards in the dark to see who will stay.
There's a story I heard about some tumbleweed
loser rolling into town on a shiny new steed : that
was me once, as well. The legends yet live on.
I blanched at the thought of pickling your web :
those lies and deceit and fabrications you once 
did so well. Now, Billy Bob Jameson, you're 
locked in a county jail, and I'm laughing with
the others as we all retell your tale. So right
now and for today, so long, sweet buddy; we're
all glad you've been put away.

No comments: