Thursday, March 7, 2013

4167. RETURNING THE STATUETTE

RETURNING THE STATUETTE
The more I learn the less I believe, in
anything at all. There is nothing but a hollow
vapor in this man's shoe. Life is not real, the
ending is unclear, and nothing more to come
returns home, always to endear, for those
nearby, the most recent moment to them.
_
Not worth spit. Our Lady of the Sorrows Church,
I pass it every day : good passage, leaving with
grief. Some people make the cross, old men
doff their hat, women straddle the banister
and 'Jesus this' or 'Jesus that'. I want to run.
-
The man from Mathematicsville, yes, he comes
by with all his sluggo wisdom, holding points
and compass ends and swearing his equations.
Beelzebub to Pi, no difference see I. Everything
must stand for something, you simple symbol man.
-
Cartloads of crap, decision of the judges and the
royal erasers of the King's own schools. Rat's ass
for nothing, box of peppers, loose-limbed lion. It's
all Life, my fine fellow, everything about you lives.
And pretty much, that's all there is.

No comments: