Monday, March 25, 2013

4216. THE MONSTROUS FACINGS OF THOSE BIG TUDOR MANSIONS

THE MONSTROUS FACINGS
OF THOSE BIG
TUDOR MANSIONS
Once I swam the sound : it was a
rigorous debate whether to complete it 
or not. By the finish, I was nearly gone.
Washed like a burglar in a jailhouse
shower. Listless like a tortoise in
a cemented shell - nowhere to
go, nothing to tell.
-
I walked onto shore and saw all those
big, old houses facing the sea; with their
cloth awnings, cabanas and tea-rooms
I knew I couldn't compete. I sat on the
beach, staring to the land, and wept
behind the hiding of my tears on a
watery face. My hair still dripped.
-
As I arose, I felt to weigh ten thousand
new pounds. My feet were of lead, and
I just really wished to sleep. A few hours
later, I awoke with people around me,
picking and poking at my form : 'who
are you? where from?' and all that. I
said nothing, just frowned, and without
any meaning, pointed to the houses
fronting the beach : the monstrous
facings of those big Tudor mansions.

No comments: