Friday, March 8, 2013

4175. NO TIME LIKE NOW

NO TIME LIKE NOW
(so few stars in the nighttime sky)
There they come again, those crazy spit-shine feelings;
passion and madness on the horizon of sand. Running
down, over some strange end, as if a desert supple of all
Life and Time were unending. The orange cat slinks over
the car  -  some shitty old Ford not worth a damn. It
should have been named the 'Ford Feline' - forget
Fairlane. How funny we get over names. The cat
knows what the mice doesn't, I suppose. Why?
-
Here there is shadow and light. Do you think, as
well, there is a darkness  -  between things, between
people. When I was young, in the long slope of my
backyard, high above above were ten thousand
stars. Now, if there are fifty I'm bragging.
It's all gone and the odd thing is, as the
 light's taken over the darkness is worse.
There are so few stars in the
nighttime sky.
-
Send me the papers and the pleasure, the meaning and
the new markings. Let me learn a language I cannot
recognize  -  I'll see you, a'fire and blazing, on
the next horizon I find. I'll be looking.
There are so few stars in the
nighttime sky.

No comments: