Friday, March 22, 2013

4206. THE WAXEN HORSES WHICH DEPART

THE WAXEN HORSES
WHICH DEPART
I am the one slave to nature whom you already
know : I kill no thing, not bug nor flower. The
rhapsody of my play is but a symphony of Life.
There is a continuing ecstasy to be found in such
goodness - or do you not mind that I mind?
-
All those waxen horses which depart : heart and
mind and mind and heart together : they never leave
without first thanking me. And now it is only that
I look back - wondering what might have been
had this all been a better place. Trees on the
horizon, wild dogs on the plain of plenty. The
small river of a thread of water, glissending
its way silently through hill and hollow while
all men watch, agape, and tethered to
time and place, yes, tethered to
both time and place.

No comments: