Tuesday, March 26, 2013

4219. LISTEN TO ME

LISTEN TO ME
Listen to me great son of the sky, grand
daughter of creation: I am singing your
praises as I go about my way. Behind me,
some rugged panorama of hills and valleys
fades  -  all your nursery tales and storybook
lines and endings disappear with Peter Rabbit
hopping down his bunny trail.
-
Everything has disappeared, and now we have
internalized all things. I note the way the barns
and buildings sag along the traveler's road. Things
are just not made to last, and we eventually all
outstay our welcome. I do not doubt these things.
-
Look around you: festive occasions are happy while
sad occasions are sad. Rise up, you youth of all
this circumferance  -  tell yourself this is earth
and circle and globe and world. You've learned
all these things when young, while absorbing what
 you were told. For myself, I believe none of it at all.

No comments: