Monday, March 4, 2013

4162. KINDLING, PT.1 (Meditation)

KINDLING Pt. 1
(Meditation)
The fire has now consumed the wood and we
have no words awaiting the flame. The last
house along the border, it is gone - owned,
I think, by one General Ed Shea, late of the
last war and still waiting for more. (He was
not at home, nor his kin. Having gone to New
Orleans, it was his home I was sleeping in).
-
I have my own trestled variance with the world -
and within it too, I guess. As Paul of Tarsus put
it: 'in the world but not of it.' I am one step out
of focus, alive. But why listen to a traveling
Jewboy thrown from his ride? Why not listen
to me? I have seven times the stretch, and
basketball hands to reach the stars and all
the filtered planets. I didn't see them coming,
but those things have run me down.
-
So, as I said, why then not listen to me? A
hanky in your season, I want to be your swab.
And having shouldered so many burdens, the
flanks of my loins now wither : this I grant -
but I am taking steps for a huge and grateful
comeback. To say once : I want to count your
cadence and walk to your squad, be your vaginal
inspector, check the peas within your pod. To wit,
once again become your God! So simple, really.
-
I was once a motivated prisoner of all my own
creations. I am not now, nor shall again ever be.
I have sought a true perfection, and that is how
I see. Once again, listen to me. There is a new
and yellow light upon all the trees. It touches all
things, illumines and enlightens, and moves
graciously along. And this light is warm; the
human murderer shall not touch it.

No comments: