Friday, March 1, 2013

4153. DECIDEDLY

DECIDEDLY
Decidedly I can't speak for you, won't,
shouldn't, wouldn't  -  but I still think
you're sitting too close to that heater.
Watch the flames as they bite at your ass.
-
The dumb-ass Pope was Jonesing again
over his St. Peter's Square  -  and then he
took off and left while his sick, stupid
faithful all swooned and hollered. Decrepit,
twisted old Italian nuns waving white
flags in submission. Such shits.
-
While that may be, decidedly I cannot
speak for you, and won't. I have salved
the legerdemain of your medicine tree and
like it that way : I ask you all, faithless faithful,
how many words are there for the things I say?
Nine thousand a week would never do.
-
I am sick of listening to people talk about
their medicine and pills  -  how their blood
came in, their test results and dizzy spells
and upset stomachs and flu's  -  may they
all fall down and rot. It is God's hand that
stays all things, and nothing more.
-
Decidedly, I cannot speak for you, and
won't  -  my art is on the walls everywhere
I go, and if you do not understand the language,
you will understand nothing at all. And now,
I'm going back to Philadelphia again.

No comments: