Friday, March 8, 2013

4173. OH WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE

OH WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE
You can't bother the bargain man, and really, nothing
gets through. You can't undo the bad endings either;
they're there for all to see. You can't bother the
botherman, and he won't listen anyway. Boys, this
is a weird globe spinning, and all we chase is chimera
and idea. For myself, I'd trade the whole mess for
a pile of girls, or maybe some lethargic heartthrob
known as Mary. Just a name anyway, don't take
offense. Look here, I myself painted this window
with premature paint. It faded, but the scene came
alive : five thousand years ago, that was me, on
the landscape chasing my prey. These nomadic
groups, we all had to eat. I clobbered and smashed,
cut and tore. The fire never went out; we had to
make sure. My God, nothing was easy then. I
only learned copulation myself by watching.
The little tribe grew. Oh well, here we all are.

No comments: