Monday, March 4, 2013

4158. FLAXEN JAWLIKE MOMENT

FLAXEN JAWLIKE MOMENT
( a mystery tale)
At the old Fisk house, I was hidden like a
dagger in a houndstooth jacket. No one saw a
thing; every ghost and wisp which passed left
not a trace behind. I'd escaped, I thought, with
what I had. But then that moment quickly ended:
my forthright perambulated blown-glass amulet
began tugging at my neck, burning my skin. What
had I done, and where had I been? I...
noted, briefly,
a toreador in the corridor, swinging a broad-knit
cape. I knew from nothing but Amanda, and had
given all I had to take. From this point on it was
me for myself and myself alone. And then I laughed
to myself and said, 'isn't that what a full-blown artist
always says? Take the moment and run like hell, but
leave a tale and let no one tell.' I decided, instead, just
to exit, and ambled slowly down the old brown stairs.

No comments: