Tuesday, October 25, 2022

15,722. COUNTING ON A NEW GOLD

COUNTING ON A NEW GOLD
In general you can't be too specific
about things that go down. Yesterday
my doctor just said, 'Now take a deep
breath.' It's all as if he's got not a concern
in the world, while - before him  -  I am
struggling to stay whole. And then, before 
that, the nice nurse exclaims it's nothing 
to her, she's gone through it before.
-
The linemen are ready too play. It's
their wanton season of football again?
The news screen in the wait-room shows 
both scores and weather, for a number 
of different places : Green Bay, New York,
and Cleveland. I wonder is the country
in that great a divide we need cities to
bang heads in too? Packers? Rams? Jets?
-
My wife's always with me - she, who I
thought would go first. We're playing a
funny form of football now ourselves.
Battering ram stand-outs in an arena
of ten thousand other people working
our plays. A pile-on at the scrimmage
line? Who knows, and who can say?

No comments: