Sunday, October 16, 2022

15,702. I NEED MORE OF EVERYTHING

I NEED MORE OF EVERYTHING
Many times one cannot just STOP! The
streetcar structure just keeps rolling on.
I need more of everything: pillows, jelly,
milk and eggs. Books and honey, shovels
and a hammer or two. Air for my tires, if
you find a way. Sleighbells and jingles too.
-
Bread for the breadbox and money for
the bank; paper to write on and people to
thank? Aunts and Uncles? Yes, they're all
gone. I need more of them too I guess, but
let's move on. Movies? Not really; but blankets
and firewood, gasoline and glasses, palm frites 
and long johns too. Most any of the cold-weather 
stuff needed to get me through.
-
It's a tougher world than one imagines when
you get really old. Disliking the sun, and
avoiding the cold?

No comments: