Tuesday, October 4, 2022

15,655. NO BETTER TODAY THAT YESTERDAY WAS

NO BETTER TODAY THAN 
YESTERDAY WAS
They came in a boxy ambulance, those
EMT guys from 911. I knew one of the
guys by face. Scapped me up and took
me away. Inside the van, an old clock
ran an hour off. 'It'll be right again in a
few more weeks,' the other guy said.
-
Every bump in the god-damned road,
which was being scrapped and repaved
for a week now, rattled the truck, and me,
already rattled enough. They were playing
their 'cards' and entering info on their
tablets, to determine with the destination
hospital if it was a heart attack or and
Anxiety attack. 'Panic Attck' won out.
-
I got there OK and they wheeled me in.
Wires nd trsts and blood and scans, all
the same stuff once-over again. It was 
5:30am when I finally got home. My
sister had come and picked me up.
A real wreck  am I, and in need.
Now there's two of us bent here,
and broken.

No comments: