Monday, October 3, 2022

15,652. EATING AT BLACKFRIARS

EATING AT BLACKFRIARS
'Do I tell you how to handle your
affairs? No, I don't, so don't tell
me about mine.' That sounded like
a pepper shaker talking to the salt.
Adorning the broad room was a
banner about equality of opportunity.
-
I didn't make much of that, but I sat
down where they said and ate my 
food. An OK feast for the general
crowd, but out of the ordinary for
me. A four-piece combo tried its
best at comfortable jazz. 
-
The guy that took the microphone
now made some introductions and
some other two got up to speak:
One was a genial lady about 50
years old  -  to whom I took an
immediate liking. She spoke
nicely about things of concern.
-
The other guy  -  out on some
deep end somewhere  -  droned
about mission-grants and all the
unaccomplished feats yet waiting
to be done if they only had the 
money to do so. Yeah, right.
Agenda-izing the food takes
away all the taste, and nothing
is equal in this real world.

No comments: