Saturday, October 8, 2022

15,670. MAYBE I'LL CALL YOU A NAME

MAYBE I'LL CALL YOU A NAME
Maybe I'll call you a name like 'Pumpkin': 
heck it's better on you than on a truck.
There's a thin veneer of liveliness about 
it that I like. It's going places, not sitting
still. Out front of the Nothing House
Cafe today, the guy was again roasting
a pig. I forgot it was Saturday, so it
tool me by surprise. All Summer long,
and in the good weather on either side
of Summer, he does that  -  ready for
people at 2pm. I never see anyone
there, but he says it draws the people
enough to buy a few beers, a 10-buck
sandwich or two, and mosey around 
through his store. I guess he would
know. I get guilty though, only buying 
a sandwich and a coffee, to go.
Everything needs a name, and all
things need something to go by.
The 'No Name Cafe?'

No comments: