Tuesday, October 11, 2022

15,683. I READ IT SOMEWHERE

I READ IT SOMEWHERE
I read it somewhere and that's all I
can remember. The trees were maybe
bending in an unexpected wind and 
the two dogs were playing by the
gate. Little was made of anything
special and the coloring of all the
trees was waning already, like a
carnival pulling out of town. Had
I the intention of making some
contribution, my mise en scene 
would be of alarms and of bells
with people staring blankly back
to the audience and not knowing
what to say. Stage left the cock
would crow and a morning light
would be suggested and over at
the right some disgruntled fellow
would be sitting at a table with
a snifter of whatever he drinks.
A weird lady would come running
in and she'd declaim how the barn
was on fire and only the farmhands
knew how to save it but no one
would even lift a hand to help.

No comments: