Thursday, October 13, 2022

15,689. MIND WHAT YOU HOLD, MIND WHAT YOU CARRY

MIND WHAT YOU HOLD, 
MIND WHAT YOU CARRY
There's a fuselage to the shape of everything;
cutting through space and time, its streamlined
shape elides all that we know and see, prancing
across both space and time again and again. The
rush of its passing draws everything along.
-
We approximate that feeling in literature and
song, but we are never truly sure just what that
feeling is. Should be? Should we know it? To
watch the clouds above, you'd know that all
things change and are always on the move.
-
I've carefully read Carstair's book - On the 
Raiment Of Time' - studied it, in fact, and
found no way to plead its arguments. Sitting
in a Princeton cafe, endlessly waiting, Pangloss
and Sparkle Farmer greeted me, and each time
brough a newer light to my earnest days. It
would be 12 degrees out, and they'd always
let me in before they actually opened.
-
Oh do I miss those utter days of my travail.
My early entry, I decided, was but another
trick of time.

No comments: