Saturday, December 14, 2019

12,383. TOBY HAS THE HENHOUSE

TOBY HAS THE HENHOUSE
Here we are again, me and that
guy who used to be a cop  but
is no longer. He holds out his
hands like he wants handcuffs
given. I don't know what to say;
never having been a cop. Is there
a command I need to hear first?
-
It's hard like this, being in a
kennels and not contracting
rabies. Everything around me
seems to rove : snarling pack
animals, another angry cur, a
few small dogs, growling some
more. 'C'mon,' I want to say,
'let's all just pack it in.
-
I always wanted life to be a
happy thing; a carnival house,
a wizard and a fire-eating 
funnyman holding court, but
it never turned out that way.
Everyone's always down, and
morose, and so set on their meager
way to nowhere. It's OK, maybe,
to have the rulebook you want,
yeah, but you don't need to
read it all the time.

No comments: