Monday, December 9, 2019

12,366. RUDIMENTS pt. 894

RUDIMENTS, pt. 884
(hold high the dagger) pt. 2 
I've never been able to
explain myself very well,
to or for others. Yes, I'm
continually trying, in my
varied ways : here, with
this Rudiments thing, and
with all the 'poetry' and
other formats I work at.
Why I do any of this is
another question entire,
and I'm already tired of
that one. Maybe I just do
it to validify myself; that
I was here. It's been a long
expanse of time for me,
and as much as I realize
it's winding down I sure
do hate to see it go. So I
look at all this as my
explanatory matter, or,
let's call it, my 'Devil's
Footnotes.' I won't
presume anything more
than that : grasp firmly,
shake vigorously, open
at top after contents
have settled. Be advised -
contents under pressure,
and if not opened slowly
may blow up in face.
-
I've found often that life
is like a lawn, and most
people can't leave well
enough alone. Seems as
if everyday I step outside
it's something different
going on : More Mexicans
in trees and their chainsaws
wailing; some fence guys
ripping out shrubs so the
paver guys can come and
lay stone and a walkway
made of tar (that no one
ever uses). There's a
tendency for such
immoderation that I
wish to scream. I see
Saturday men come out,
free from work, to toil
on their lawns  -  fertilize
and force for growth, a
perfect carpet of green.
Promoting all the growth,
killing weeds, and spraying
their death. And then, as the
grass heartily grows, doing
exactly what they've sought,
they get out the mowers and
trim it to nothing. And their
stupid-ass cycle begins all
over again. All Summer and
Autumn long. So, you tell
me  -  is that extra pocket in
pants now meant to store
extra brains in?
-
Another thing I've noticed
is how much money everybody
has. Oh. they'll deny it, for sure,
and say they're poor and still
want more. But look around;
every pauper-case has their own
fat, corn-fed, over-stuffed butt
and belly, and their telephone
of course. And their cable TV
big-screen bullshit with 1,451
channels, and 5 more during
World Cup every fourth year.
Ever figure why that is so? I'll
tell you  -  all again part of the
American lie. The 'fiction' that
any of this is real. It's not. Any
twerp, for any reason, can get
all the money they want these
days; just sign here. Want that
Lexus SUV? (Why the hell
would these 'luxury' car folks
build SUV's? It kills the brand
fellas). It's all illusionary, and
this 'money' doesn't even exist.
The stupid-ass Government just
throws it around, to keep the
illusions it rules over going.
'Here, take this, go and just
buy with it, anything; keep
these crazy wheels turning,
don't stop.' Didn't you ever
wonder why they call it the
GROSS national product?
Yep, that's pretty much what's
going on now. You want to
go die for that, Corporal
Wainscoting?
-
I often like to flush others
out, from where I know they're
hiding, or lurking. It's easy;
all I've got to do is touch on
a subject of which they think
they are the leading whiz-bang
of, make a few remarks on it
- with even sometimes dropping
a piece of wrong information.
That usually brings them right
out from their hiding game and
they have a go at me. It's like
jousting. Mostly fun...until the
lance maybe actually pierces.
You see, life is a flat luxury, one
with plenty of extra space and
room for us each to construct
our own, sensitized, little
fiefdoms  -  our charge, our
control. That's just the way it
is. It's when they bang up
against each other, the ones
constructed by others, when 
the sometimes-trouble begins.
-
My own version of things, for
instance, involves those two
Rolls Royce guys as outsiders,
peripheral  objects of distinction.
They have stayed in my pictured
framework lo these many years
later. My 'version' of things, as
built around them, includes them,
and I willingly absorb them into
my 'play' of that place and time.
The same goes for my own
world-version of the death and
destruction of old Sewaren, NJ.
Vivid stuff. I think it's like that
for everyone; but it's not at all
shared. Which is a difficult point
about this life. Community and
communal, cooperative things
are all the rage, but they just
cannot work. There's too much
singularity to weave it all
together, and you end up with 
the mist disingenuous of people
taking that supposed 'communality'
over, for control and for their
benefit. It's all 'Community,'
sure, but only if they're
running it.
-
Danger always lurks, and we've
all known kids like that, all the
way through school years and
neighborhood-dump years.
It's just a personality type.
Hold high the dagger, but not
when the bridge is low. It will
get knocked right out of'
your hand. Much again like
that Mark Twain patter, and
the Brahms episode too, there
are ways of presenting alternate
versions of the bland reality most
people are content to live with:
reptilian stuff  -  accolades, 
ranks, status, etc. The
reptilian cortex of the triune
brain is the most primitive and
base part of the brain, buried
deep beneath the anterior matter
which has grown over and atop
all that. The worst people you
can think of, the Control-freaks,
the scowlers the maniacs and
the Authoritarians, they are all
represented by living with little
else except their reptilian cortex 
patterns. As I stated, concerned
with the instinctual  -  tribal,
survival, rank and status,
pecking order, rule by force,
reaction, caste, and the like.
Horrid stuff that the very
many periods of Humanity's
slow and gradual growth of 
'discerning' mind and 'creative'
mind  - in the most advanced of'
us  -  have done away with.
For instance, the 'reaction' states
of, say, Lee Harvey Oswald and
Jack Ruby, predominating,
pulled the triggers; they didn't.
Stalin, Sirhan, Idi Amin, the
list could go on  -  and I'm leaving
out the current-day Americans.
That was all reptilian stuff,
those men were primitive reverts
back to some early-human form
of reactionary behavior. All
over nothing at all  -  everything
is an imagined environment, 
with someone always clawing 
to 'reach' their imagined top, in
thrall some weird, imagined, end.

No comments: