Monday, September 10, 2018

11,148. SMOLDERING TRAILER PARK MAN

SMOLDERING 
TRAILER PARK MAN
His name he said was Acey Deecey,
and he used to be called 'The Breeze,'
but he had that stopped when he turned
twenty-one; now most people just
called him Teddy. He ate pizza like
it was going out of style. Five simple
slices, I saw, in three minutes. He told
me all this between mouthfuls and drinks.
'Champion speed-eater too?' I mischievously
asked. He smiled and said, 'No, not today.
Though I did once jam 40 hot dogs down
my throat once, in about 4 minutes, over
at some Coney Island competition my
brother once took me to. He's dead 
now, nothing to do with that.' OK.
A clink of glasses and 'bring us
two more beers.' He smiled
again, and said, 'H'ain't you
better pay, before we're in
arrears?'


No comments: