Saturday, September 8, 2018

11,140, 'THE BEAR HAS THE LEG THAT I NEED'

'THE BEAR HAS THE
LEG THAT I NEED'
And sometimes the Kool-Aid 
just isn't enough. There are
so many other ways in this
world, Robert, to turn people's
heads and hearts; let's try for
that better nature of equal parts.
Ride the highway to the west.
The west is the best. 
-
Here, there's a palm tree fallen
right over, across the road; and,
really, who needs that? I'd rather
the oak that fell on Dad's car, do
you remember that, in about 1974?
Just about then you were still
in flared pants, you silly lunk.
-
I was never so glad to be part
of another generation as then.
I felt like reporting to the crowd
on the hill that, like a God, I was
present everywhere, but seen
nowhere. Not that it made any 
difference, mind you; the dog
still licked, and the cat still
lapped milk, and the bear
had the leg that I needed.

No comments: