Thursday, September 6, 2018

11,138. RUDDERLESS IN TORTURED WATERS

RUDDERLESS IN 
TORTURED WATERS
'The paint peels off your eyes
like Michigan glass.' I heard
that yes, from the front of the
room. One of those classes in
poetic absurdity. They were
reading my stuff back, to the 
12 other people in the room  -  
and I began thinking like Jesus,
wondering, 'Hey, 12 disciples,
and him; that makes thirteen.
Was it unlucky then too?'
-
I remembered writing that
Michigan glass thing a month 
or so back. It was just some
writerly stuff, and I'd never
been to Michigan at all. 
What I had thought of 
though was the ruination 
of all those decrepit and
abandoned factories  -  auto 
and metal fabrication, etc.  
Now, it was all just falling 
down, slowly, bit by bit as 
the weathers and Winters 
aged them but good.
-
So I just sat there and let 
them read. These workshop
people need all the help
they can get.

No comments: