Tuesday, September 9, 2014

5885. NEW TEXTURES

NEW TEXTURES
The wall is of a carbine-space, something spackled
and mounted with guns in  a case. Rifle-rack, a truly
rural decoration, and those men know their means 
and ways. 'This one is for gophers and squirrels, this 
I use for deer, and that once, that's a bear rifle really;
Hell 'round here, along these upper Delaware ridges,
you really just never know. He means the river, not
that state. That mix-up used to always tease me in
the brain, until I learned the river. The Delaware is
a fulsome thing  -  running along, separeting places, 
running high and sometimes nasty flooding. A picture
of a miniature 'Life On the Mississippi', just like a
Mark Twain epic, so sweet. I love the mud of all
this crud, packed tight along my feet.

No comments: