Saturday, September 6, 2014

5877. NORTH COUNTER FALLS

NORTH COUNTER FALLS
I went to Watkins Glen to sit on the edge of the lake.
There, I saw a few boats parked, and a lake-party
boat as well. People about, some delicate creatures
sunning, and a captain pushing through some spindly
 men. He said 'ten minutes' and I bet he meant it then.
-
My wanderlust is a trusting thing : wherever I go I 
need to listen to the words of others telling me things.
It's all trust and circumstance. Looking over the rock
cliff, if the park ranger said jump probably half these
fools would. Rank and file have privilege to the weary.
-
'Here, here, look up : these rocks in this gorge are 9 billion
years and from these ledges once cave men threw their fires
down to catch both enemies and tigers too.' Those rangers
can say anything they want  -  that 9-year old, in fact, is
taking notes. Too bad.
-
It must be a cruel thing for naivete to need be broken;
like riding a bronco in the rainy air, everything slips
through and slides. "I need to 'believe' this? Is this
really true?" How many questions like that
go unanswered. I wonder. 
-
Alas, I'm getting wet from the spray.

No comments: