Sunday, September 7, 2014

5882. ABBREVIATION #122

ABBREVIATION #122 [1955]
In the small Museum of Time, there was a set-up
of 'Pushcart Man', circa 1974. I lingered there and
just stared for hours. So much to be had : I bought a
Coca-Cola from the vendor, I had a bag of fries from
the China Stove. Sitting down on a bench, I daydreamed
too much. Am old face, in the candle wax, was burning up.
-
This is nothing like the time to be squeamish or sad.
I ran the bicycle race with my own two hands and ran off
screaming for John Ashbery donations. I'd hit the clock
and it was running. I could not decide between Blake
or Ginsberg or Crane. I went to the clothing store at
40 Nassau Street just to see what was there then: they'd
all buried the ashes of Langrock's Clothiers at the bottom
of Canterbury Hill by the Cloaca Maxima when it was there.
-
Kathy DeStefanno and Judith Bettina. I know them both.
I watch them sing. I hear them play. I went to the memorial
concert for Milton Babbit, just to hear them say : 'Abbreviation
#122 means the singing of time is in its infancy now.'

No comments: