Friday, September 5, 2014

5872. THE MOST LOVELY CRAZY MAN BLUES

THE MOST LOVELY 
CRAZY MAN BLUES
Yes, that is. They've got chains around my tongue and candles 
in my eye sockets now. Trying to quiet a crowd. I forge ahead
and keep talking, determined to make legions of people say
yes. On my left, in a bundle, is my dog, asleep like a cow and
curled like a donut. As soon as I'm free I'll get me to the river.
Get me to the doctor, find a nunnery. Paradoxical Brother Winsome 
I shall be. My monkish predilections shall result in painted
walls the color of love and faith. I guess it's some sort of blue,
or maybe a purple. Who the hell knows? This is the alarm in
my palm; I had it implanted three years ago and now it goes
off randomly whenever it wants to and all I can do is slam
my hand down to get it to stop. Wreaks havoc on  a bus ride.
I told the candle lady to remember when I last was here. She
said she didn't remember me at all. Like saying time stops for
no man, until you break your  -  most-expensive  -  watch.

No comments: