Saturday, September 6, 2014

5880. MY SINGLE SHOES

MY SINGLE SHOES
My single shoes go nowhere, take me to nothing;
I have a hat and story to talk about, but I can never
move. There is only a sad solace to the making of
these never-ending tales. I was there before breakfast
and left before noon. That's all I can say.
-
The scribe who came from Neverland was sure to be 
writing in heavy, green boots. Kafka called it, once,
referencing 'book' as a concept  -  'an ice-ax to break
the sea frozen within us.' I sort of got that immediately.
Once I absorbed that essential tale, I knew where I was
heading  -  grant and pail, line and paper.
-
So, here I sit, my single shoes set in a concrete of words.
I am tethered and tortured to a desk with no wheels.
Never leaving, going nowhere, I suppose I'll just
sit here forever and work.

No comments: