Monday, September 1, 2014

5858. ONLY THE MOST NARROW NEGATIVE

ONLY THE MOST 
NARROW NEGATIVE
The mendacity of Ives keeps my feelings alive  - I
love all that anarchic stuff. Listening to bats and owls
alike bring me closer to the things I achieve. My shadow
is the walking ghost of my own pure past  -  an alliance
with things as they were. It follows and walks and stays
along : here listen to this.
-
The pluperfect soundings of bells on the road, tolling
for noon or tolling for death, are supposed to stop us
in our tracks? In some medieval way unknown now?
The small inns and roadhouses, filled with cadavers
drinking their Black Forest swill? The peasants, each
sounding their story, holdings flagons and cups aloft?
I feel I am with a Breugel or Bosch in these things.
-
I have hands and knuckles and muscles and loins.
I can lift logs or cut a limb for fire. Only the most
narrow negative thing keeps me back  -  the landowner's
foul horsemen, those inspectors counting the grain.

No comments: