Wednesday, September 3, 2014

5866. OH MILLICENT

OH MILLICENT
My bags are on your table. How I adore that idea.
The lethargic engineer was just sitting around  -  more
like relaxing than working that train. I said 'Spare no
voltage! Get this heap moving!' and then no one could
decide if I should have said amps or volts as the reference.
I said it didn't matter at all, this trip was all downhill.
-
There were apples and pears on the club car table. A few
times they rolled around on a curve, and I watched the old
matrons wide-eyed gaggle as they wondered what would fall.
Nothing did. It was just a centrifugal force that kept things
winding around and around. 'Pretty much like your own 
lives!' said I, shouting something out boldly just so as
not to get bored again. The law was on my side.
-
I pulled out a notebook and began to sing -  my blue-lined
tablet answering everything back : 'Run treble my friend, your
uncle is the broken cat, and this seat will go back no further.'
-
Oh Millicent, at that moment I so wished to be your oasis.

No comments: