Friday, September 26, 2014

5946. NEO-CATHARSIS

NEO-CATHARSIS 
Break all those bones, run the amok along the edging; 
take from one what one delivers. Here is the anomaly 
lizard : black panda, something easing, waiting. 
Tradition only demands forgiveness - with the 
other eye, it winks. Just yesterday, that man on 
37th, crushed by a falling concrete slab. No one 
writing about it, not one report, would say that
 he was 'dead'. All they could say was that, at 
the scene and beneath the slab, 'all that was 
visible was one arm protruding.'
 - 
I haven't got the energy to come to things like this, 
to counter every accusation or refute every lie. 
I am nothing but the wind-up chronicle I choose to be.
(You listen to them, or you listen to me). 
-
 My mother's long gone, my father's born dead - 
 I am alone in this non-chivalric world : 
chasing pebbles, finding corn cobs, eating hay. 
Whatever I'm reduced to is what I am today. 
My shack leans stiffly in a wind. 
I only pretend at fighting back.

No comments: