Wednesday, September 24, 2014

5938. WHY WOULD SHAKE HANDS WITH A MAN WHO EATS FIRE?

WHY WOULD YOU SHAKE 
HANDS WITH A MAN 
WHO EATS FIRE?
They've painted the streets now. Not just the lines  -  
as they do, say, in Syracuse for the St. Patrick's Day
Parade. Green lines everywhere. Our world too has 
a 'Green Line'  -  something to do with military force,
a strategy to keep others away. Bang the gong and shoot
the gun. Imaginary red lines, I've heard of them too :
the war-time clangers and the bombs were supposed
to go off. Life changes nothing in its very soul demise;
a departure from the manners of the very-mannered way.
-
Listening to men garbed in cammo? Why not. Exchanging 
fire with a nutcase duo? Why not. Riding a tank to Mt.
Ararat's top? Why not, again, why not? I want to
leave you shaking your head in confusion, and
yet, I wish for you to embrace me, 
maybe hold me forever.

No comments: