Friday, September 26, 2014

5945. ANOTHER DAMNED LIFETIME LOOMING

ANOTHER DAMNED 
LIFETIME LOOMING
I haven't had enough time for a semblance of
blue lips. These aren't oases in front of my 
eyes, they're just illusions. Now that that's
out of the way  -  see that glimmer over there,
it's just another damned lifetime looming, and
already my brain's gotten ahead of my self.
-
Although it's sometimes freezing cold, right here
where I stand, they're frigid moments only in passing.
Some have words, and some bow down. Some,
in chainmail armor, are still fighting their battles
of the past. I think I will take to the open sea,
and simply sail away deliciously.
-
One time, I stood out looking at the churning river
before me : heavy coastline, dense with rocks. Some
hikers, up above, were yelling to one another, nothing
I could make out, but a message nonetheless. That was
when I began yearning for my own Appalachian Trail :
Some weird wizardry of woods and forest, deep within,
 and another damned lifetime looming.

No comments: