Monday, September 15, 2014

5907. NATIONAL ZOO

NATIONAL ZOO
There is stuff enough for the imagination to wring :
two fisted carnivores, and antelope that sing. As if in
the halls of Congress, all these crazy things are here.
I'm walking my way through with a handful of sauce,
goose for the goose and geese for the gander, or however
that ditty goes. No one ever listens precisely to a speech.
Lethargy has me in leg-irons and chains; wake me, please, 
when all this is over. I came forth from Union Station, just
today, to walk to the Motorcycle Riders Foundation and
 I found out it was locked and shuttered as I arrived. 

Port au Prince has a better reputation now than this 
bungled-up, half-hack town. My testimony wasn't needed
anyway (they later said), as all the representatives in 
their chambers have been jailed.

No comments: