Monday, September 29, 2014

5954. ALL THE MILLION THINGS I HAVE BEEN TOLD

ALL THE MILLION THINGS 
I HAVE BEEN TOLD
Not a one of them was really true. Pontius Pilate put it
rightly  -  what is truth? Truth is what you have until the
real truth surfaces  -  that the entire world is a lie, and all
appearances deceive. Language is a dance made up to
send rhythm to the lies we hear  -  something we can move
and wiggle to. First it's Peace, and then it's War. And
then we find no difference between them ever was.
-
Words lied again  -  you bastard swankherds, you pointed
minions of the Devil himself. Blackjack spike boots backwards,
marching deadly over time. Ever onward Christian soldiers, bah!
-
I have a thin craft, some boat like to slicing water, that takes
me o'er the shoals and tribulations, the rapids and the swells.
I cling while it moves, I hang on tightly. Never stray, don't
let the eyeballs wander, watch where you are headed, and  -
most importantly  -  be sure to keep on going somewhere.

No comments: