Tuesday, January 28, 2014

4985. DON'T LET IT MATTER IF THE MINT MAKES THE MIND

DON'T LET IT MATTER IF THE
MINT MAKES THE MIND
I want Zoroaster back. He was just looking
great, like Superman, and then he disappeared. 
'Act fast' was his quick synopsis of all he'd seen.
I wasn't yet blemished, but I neither had direction
nor concern. Just getting by, as the tattoo says.
-
Look now look : It is deep before dawn, the new 
morning is yet scrambled. The black dark gray of the 
nighttime sky tries fading but fails. I see its gloom
still hides a desperate moon. An angel, on board
the flickering beam, drops light from something to me.
-
I can't move and I am frozen in time. It is 12 degrees
already, and I am near to gone. Over by the fenceline, 
someone walks, with a flashlight as well  -  anything,
I figure, to break the gloom and keep us all running
happy. Or, it is, at least, as I hope. At least I hope.

No comments: