Sunday, January 26, 2014

4979. IF I WASN'T SO LAZY


IF I WASN'T SO LAZY
(Hemlock)
If I wasn't so lazy I'd be dead by now : as it is,
my feet are up again. Sitting in a twist like some
hibernating bear to think and to decide about the
cold and the gold. How far should I stretch my tired
limbs? In the other room, someone putters over a
soup-bowl and a cup; regular restaurant fare for when
others  come in. Me? I haven't moved in days, just thinking.
 Pearl-handled pistols always sound like a good idea;
 but I have no more of them.
-
I need a handler; I don't need a trainer. I need someone
to tend to my place. I don't really want to talk, just yawn;
thinking  of tomorrow, and deep outer space - where the
planets can become my own eyeballs, where the light of
some reflected sun is the blanket I sleep in and wallow.
If I wasn't so lazy, I'd be dead by now,
 (having finished that last, lethal swallow

No comments: