Friday, January 31, 2014

4998. MT. PALOMAR

MT. PALOMAR
You've really got to hand it to the men with 
the lenses  -  they've seen what they claim 
is the cosmos at large. I believe them, sure. 
But they've forgotten one thing : and when 
I say ONE I mean it in that same cosmic sense;
for there is no one thing, and now they know it.
Such a number is false and the only unity this
Life has is the multi-faceted turning with which
it glows -  everything is churning. That same
dense richness is how Cain slew Abel and 
Daniel went through his lion's den. 
-
Now they say it's proven, we are. They claim 
to see beyond their ides of star and place and 
time  and meaning. well good for them why 
don't they state it -   unequivocally, and stun 
the world for its own fat moment. I saw all 
that long, long ago, and I'm still here  -  like 
the jet age yet streaming, like the smoke from 
my tea and  the steam from my coffee. I watch 
the vacant swing in the park. Slowly, 
atmospherically, without anyone there 
at all, it moves of its own accord.

No comments: