Monday, January 13, 2014

4921. SCARS ACROSS THE LAND

SCARS ACROSS THE LAND
And little people and small-time minds,
and the apples all the same : foreign fruits
and vegetables shining. I should have realized
a long time back it would come to this : the
blind leading the blind, and they both fall into
the hole. I have a horse named Carbine. I
have a gun named Trigger. I'd like to
put them both to use.
-
There aren't as many words as it would take
for me to speak what I wish to say : I love you
Mary Widgers, I hate you Mary Jane. I see
you Mike DeNapa, I watch you Bill DeMuth.
Every time something new arises, I already
know it's a scam. I already know that it is.
-
The land has been stolen by robbers; the robbers
have taken the land - we live now in nowhere
places at all, beholden to nothing, beholden to
all. It's just like that, in a prayer, where one says
to the Lord 'Have Mercy on me!' without ever
really knowing what for; except the mistress's
smack on the knuckles, or the padres'
on the back of the head.

No comments: