Monday, January 27, 2014

4983. CANADA IS MAKING ME OPEN UP

CANADA IS MAKING 
ME OPEN UP
( the self-lubricating stuff)
Scoville and aperture : the jarring man
in new black hair and the thread of new
noises all around. He says, 'I will be your
host,' and people move away. I fully
expected him, in a Christain sense, to 
next say 'eat me.' But he didn't, thankfully.
'Do you believe in aliens?', I ask, 'for you are 
certainly acting one yourself you know.'
He ask me if I am opening up, taking steps
to my own credit. I didn't know what he meant.
-
Somehow. Perhaps. Superlative. I am.
'Remember Genya Ravan and Asleep At 
the Wheel?' I nod. 'Why yes, I do,' I say.
'Can you not understand that you are from
another place and are only holding out positions
for the benefit of others? For the light that must
be seen.' At last, I knew I'd be going back.
-
As if holding another staff, I am rising high,
floating above the crowd and tired of the gaiety;
The robust, the playful, the fiery, the faint. Oh, yes,
the faint ones, meek of heart : they shall 
inherit the Earth (and they can have it).

No comments: